Facility & Equipment:
Our main campus rests on 5 gorgeous, tree covered-acres, in southwest Washington state. Our kennel facilities are just a short drive from the beautiful city of Portland, Oregon.
- When it comes to the safety & protection of our beloved dogs, we are very serious. Our kennel boasts 60’x40’ outdoor kennel runs with 6’ heavy duty gauge chain link fencing. To discourage our athletic climbers, we’ve added heavy gauge wiring along the top of the fence line. Buried wire under the ground to discourage digging, is another additional feature of kennel security system. Our kennel runs are very large and professionally constructed, and thus, our dogs have plenty of room to run and play safely. Another comfort feature of our exercise yards is that of large shade-trees. We had our runs & yards designed around as many of the trees & natural features we are fortunate to have here on our campus.
- Both indoor & outdoor kennel runs were custom designed to accommodate & separate our brood-bitches, stud dogs, and competition dogs. These kennels include insulated dog houses in the outdoor areas, and elevated beds in the indoor areas. Additionally we are able to circulate air with large fans to the outdoor kennels in the summer time, and the indoor kennels are always climate controlled.
- Our main campus boasts not only a one (1) acre outdoor training field, but a generous 7,500 square foot indoor training arena. The flexibility that two training venues offers Joeri and our kennel staff is invaluable.
- A separate, spacious outbuilding has been dedicated for our breeding program. Inside, we have six (6) climate controlled whelping rooms, custom designed & constructed aluminum whelping boxes, along with an incubator for neonates that need a little extra attention. This building is equipped with a state of the art air-filtration & ventilation system. Additionally, we’ve installed a commercial grade power-generator to insure that there is never a loss of power that could potentially jeopardize the well-being of our mothers & puppies.
- When it’s “Go Time”; we have the ultimate dog transporter, a 6-Box, WT-Metall dog trailer. This particular trailer is climate controlled. The design of WT-Metall dog trailers has long since been considered the “industry standard”. Four us, it is critical that our dogs can rest comfortably in between classes or trials.
- Conditioning our dogs for working trials or competing in the conformation ring is a huge responsibility. When it comes to fitness, our dogs are treated like an NCAA-Division I or professional athlete. Make no mistake about it, if you enter your dog in a working trial or Sieger show, and the dogs is de-conditioned (i.e. out of shape), you will pay dearly for not getting the conditioning handled properly. At Redwood Krest, we strive to always be prepared. We have invested in a commercial grade, Jog-a-Dog treadmill that we use primarily during the winter months. The rest of the year, we prefer to run our dogs next to one of our Quads (RV), or have them swim in a local pond or river. Additionally, we have access to an Aqua-Treadmill at a nearby veterinary rehab hospital, should we need to use it.
Contents on this page are © Copyrighted and no part may be duplicated without the express written consent
from Redwood Krest Rottweilers.